Did You Know?
North Carolina has the nation’s third-highest total of excess deaths from failure to expand Medicaid.
Medicaid expansion could save the lives of 350 people annually.
We are focusing the power of poor, low-income & impacted people across NC to achieve the Poor People’s Campaign principle to Protect & Secure Healthcare for All. We seek to expand Medicaid NOW & establish a universal, single-payer healthcare system that provides healthcare to all.
Weekly Action Items
Want to Take Action on Healthcare Reform?
- Visit the NC Medicare for All Coalition’s Weekly Action Blog here for ideas on how to get involved consistently
NC Medicare for All
More Facts & Figures
Did You Know?
- More than one million North Carolinians were already uninsured before the coronavirus pandemic?
- Six rural hospitals in NC have been forced to close since 2010 due to a lack of Medicaid expansion?
- People of color are disproportionately impacted by lack of health care, making up 54% of North Carolina’s uninsured population?
- North Carolina is now one of only 12 states that still refuse to expand Medicaid, after Missouri and Oklahoma moving to do so in 2020?
- Medicare For All (HR 1384) funds research and allocates resources to improve health equity at state and national levels for medically underserved populations?
Medicare Fact Sheet
Healthcare for Y’All
Videos & Testimonials
Want to hear more about Medicare for all and/or Medicaid expansion?
- Visit NC M4A’s Youtube Channel for both testimonials and teach-ins about the state of healthcare in NC today and the potential of Medicare for all to improve the livelihoods of countless people in our state