|Jackson, NC 27845, USA|
Covers: Halifax, Hertford, Bertie & Northampton Counties
|Salisbury, NC, USA|
Covers: Rowan & Iredell Counties
|Spring Lake, NC, USA|
Covers: Harnett, Moore, Lee, Johnston & Cumberland Counties
Contact: Jean Sivoli
Southern Piedmont Circle
|Charlotte, NC, USA|
Covers: Mecklenburg, Gaston, Cabarrus, Union, Lincoln, Stanly, Catawba, Burke & Cleveland Counties
Contact: Cate DeMallie
|Greensboro, NC, USA|
Covers: Alamance, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham & Stokes Counties
Contact: Thomas (Tom) Clayton
|Durham, NC, USA|
Covers: Durham, Orange, Chatham & Wake Counties
Contact: Christopher Nobblitt
|Asheville, NC, USA|
Covers: Buncombe, Brevard & Hendersonville Counties
Contact: Leslie Boyd
We are a grassroots, fusion movement
Our state campaign is made up of compassionate, hardworking people from all walks of life who are dedicated to advancing racial, social, and economic justice for their communities. Our Circles are groups that represent the different geographical regions of our state campaign– they provide an opportunity for each person to have a voice and engage with local issues. Read below to learn more about the NCPPC Circles as well as how to join one.
The Triangle Circle includes Durham, Wake, Orange, and Chatham Counties. We are determined to unite the poor and dispossessed — challenging systemic racism, structural poverty, the war economy, ecological devastation, and the warped moral narrative of white Christian nationalism.
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle. Catch up with our latest circle updates and connect with us on Facebook for more updates on our work.
Current Calls to Action
- Fed Up Political Food Distribution: We are building a project of survival because we are FED UP with a status quo that keeps people hungry and cultivates racism. We are stepping in where the government won’t: feeding each other, teaching each other, and organizing ourselves into the fusion movement needed to change the conditions that force people to go hungry. Get involved here.
- Help distribute or deliver fresh produce to 800+ families in our twice-monthly food distribution @ Lakewood Shopping Center in Durham. Sign up for the next one here!
- Join our virtual political education studies, where we get to the bottom of why there are so many people in poverty in the richest nation in history. Sign up for the next distribution!
- Organizing means we build relationships with each other! We make follow-up phone calls after every distribution to connect with food recipients, hear their stories, and learn from each other. Sign up for the next phonebank!
- We also canvass neighborhoods in Durham to let people know about the project and the available food! Sign up for the next canvass
- We have many working groups that do the necessary work to keep the project moving. The best way to get more involved is to volunteer and connect with crew leaders, but you can also send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A recurring $10 monthly donation ensures a family receives a box of fresh produce each distribution, please chip in here! We also have pay what you can t-shirts
Our core partners include Raise Up NC, Medicare4All Coalition, Forward Justice, Carolina Jews for Justice, & Tuesdays with Tillis
For more information, please email us at email@example.com
The Salisbury/Rowan Circle includes Salisbury Co. and Iredell Co. With help from volunteers across the country, this Movement to end poverty is now active in 45 states and Washington DC. The Salisbury Rowan Circle has grown from 7 members who took part in Non-Violent Direct Action in Raleigh NC in May 2018, to almost 70 members. Won’t you join us too?
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle, so please email Mary Walker for more information. You can also catch up with our latest circle updates and activities and connect with us on Facebook.
Southern Piedmont Circle
The Southern Piedmont Circle includes Mecklenburg Co., Gaston Co., Union Co., Cabarrus Co., Stanly Co., Lincoln Co., Catawba Co., Burke Co., and Cleveland Co. We are a moral fusion movement working to end systemic racism, systemic poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative.
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle, so please attend one of our upcoming Zoom meetings if you are interested in getting involved or partnering with our circle. Catch up with our latest circle newsletter to see recent updates and activities and connect with us on Facebook for more updates on our work.
Did You Know?
- More than 40% of the City of Charlotte’s budget for FY2021 is allocated to Police, and that only 2.8% is allocated for Housing and Neighborhood Services? More details are available in the City of Charlotte’s Executive Summary.
Current Calls to Action
- Covid-19 Vaccine Initiative: Volunteer your time for our underserved neighbors to educate, register, deliver and follow up for vaccinations in these disproportionately affected areas.
- Boots on the Ground: Are you interested in setting up community-safe footwear drives for the area’s houseless? This is a continuing project and we’re receiving hundreds of donations for distribution. Let us know how we can help get you started.
- Greater Charlotte Rise Letter Writing: Please join us in supporting Greater Charlotte Rise with their letter-writing efforts to pressure our city leaders to find homing solutions for tent city friends. More details can be found on their Facebook post about this project
- Volunteer for tech and research support. We could really use some help with our Facebook page and event flyers.
- Sign the Petition at We Demand Covid Relief with $15/hr for All Workers Now!
- Watch a video in our Video section to learn more about Medicare for All: Video: Improved Medicare for All 101 Town Hall, NCM4A,…
To volunteer, please email Samantha Turner: SamanthaCltPPC@gmail.com with your area of interest and your contact information.