We are a grassroots, fusion movement
Our state campaign is made up of compassionate, hardworking people from all walks of life who are dedicated to advancing racial, social, and economic justice for their communities. Our Circles are groups that represent the different geographical regions of our state campaign– they provide an opportunity for each person to have a voice and engage with local issues. Read below to learn more about the NCPPC Circles as well as how to join one.
We are made up of residents from Durham, Wake, Orange, and Chatham Counties. We are determined to unite the poor and dispossessed — challenging systemic racism, structural poverty, the war economy, ecological devastation, and the warped moral narrative of religious nationalism.
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle. We hold quarterly circle gatherings, virtual at the moment, and you can also connect on our Facebook page for more updates.
Current Calls to Action
- Fed Up Political Food Distribution: We are building a project of survival because we are FED UP with a status quo that cultivates racism and keeps people hungry. We are stepping in where the government won’t: feeding each other, teaching each other, and organizing ourselves into the fusion movement needed to change the conditions that force people to go hungry. Help distribute food to 800+ families every two weeks, coordinate distributions, source food, canvass neighborhoods, make follow-up phone calls, or a myriad of varying tasks – some can be done virtually! Get connected here. Like and follow at @fedupinthesouth! Facebook, instagram, twitter, and tik tok
- Freedom Fridays Started to pressure Governor Cooper to pardon Dontae Sharpe, PPC and partners hold a vigil every Friday at 5pm at the Governor’s mansion in Raleigh. These vigils commemorate all of the wrongfully convicted people in NC while demanding independent investigation of our prison system.
- And More! We support many protests, rallies, town halls, and worker-led press conferences hosted by our partners across the Triangle. Get plugged in [https://ppc-nc.org/contact-
us/] today to get updates! Our core partners include Raise Up NC, Medicare4All Coalition, Forward Justice, Carolina Jews for Justice, Tuesdays with Tillis, El Centro Hispano, & Triangle SURJ
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salisbury/Rowan Circle includes Salisbury Co. and Iredell Co. With help from volunteers across the country, this Movement to end poverty is now active in 45 states and Washington DC. The Salisbury Rowan Circle has grown from 7 members who took part in Non-Violent Direct Action in Raleigh NC in May 2018, to almost 70 members. Won’t you join us too?
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle, so please email Mary Walker for more information. You can also catch up with our latest circle updates and activities and connect with us on Facebook.
Southern Piedmont Circle
The Southern Piedmont Circle includes Mecklenburg Co., Gaston Co., Union Co., Cabarrus Co., Stanly Co., Lincoln Co., Catawba Co., Burke Co., and Cleveland Co. We are a moral fusion movement working to end systemic racism, systemic poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative.
We are always looking for new friends to join our circle, so please attend one of our upcoming Zoom meetings if you are interested in getting involved or partnering with our circle. Catch up with our latest circle newsletter to see recent updates and activities and connect with us on Facebook for more updates on our work.
Did You Know?
- More than 40% of the City of Charlotte’s budget for FY2021 is allocated to Police, and that only 2.8% is allocated for Housing and Neighborhood Services? More details are available in the City of Charlotte’s Executive Summary.
Current Calls to Action
- Covid-19 Vaccine Initiative: Volunteer your time for our underserved neighbors to educate, register, deliver and follow up for vaccinations in these disproportionately affected areas.
- Boots on the Ground: Are you interested in setting up community-safe footwear drives for the area’s houseless? This is a continuing project and we’re receiving hundreds of donations for distribution. Let us know how we can help get you started.
- Greater Charlotte Rise Letter Writing: Please join us in supporting Greater Charlotte Rise with their letter-writing efforts to pressure our city leaders to find homing solutions for tent city friends. More details can be found on their Facebook post about this project
- Volunteer for tech and research support. We could really use some help with our Facebook page and event flyers.
- Sign the Petition at We Demand Covid Relief with $15/hr for All Workers Now!
- Watch a video in our Video section to learn more about Medicare for All: Video: Improved Medicare for All 101 Town Hall, NCM4A,…
To volunteer, please email Samantha Turner: SamanthaCltPPC@gmail.com with your area of interest and your contact information.